The long-term goal of the project is to contribute to the strengthening of the role and capacity of the Parliament in the EU accession process. More specifically, the project will accomplish that by suggestion for strengthening the role of the Parliament in the process of compliance of the Macedonian legislation with the EU legislation, and by promoting inclusion of the civil sector in the work of the Parliament.
Time–frame of implementation: September 2016 – February 2017
Project budget: € 4,500
Funded by: Macedonian Center for European Training and European Commission
- Conducting desk research, wherein the existing administrative and legal framework will be examined, as well as previous research on the topic
- Conducting field research by conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders
- Preparation of policy brief with findings from the research, and recommendations for improvement of the situation
- Advocacy and informing activities
- Identifying the positioning of the Parliament in the existing administrative framework and determining possibilities for enhancing its role.
- Determining the extent of enforcement of the existing procedures, in accordance with the rules and procedures of the Parliament, in the process of compliance of the Macedonian with the European legislation
- Assessment of the quality of debate in the Parliament during compliance of Macedonian with European legislation process, using Discourse Quality Index (DQI) developed by IDSCS
- Strengthening the role of the Parliament in the process of compliance and implementation of the European legislation in Macedonia
- Review of the CSO inclusion in the work of the Parliament connected with the EU accession process, especially in the work of the National Council for European Integration and the Commission for European Affairs
- More substantial inclusion of the civil society sector in the work of the working bodies of the Parliament in order to advance the procedure of compliance with EU legislation