Project Purpose: Increasing the quality of political debate and argumentation in developing public policies and legislation in the Parliament of Republic of Macedonia through monitoring of the quality of debate in the Parliament and the media coverage of the work of the Parliament.
Time–frame of implementation: September 2015 – December 2017
Project budget: € 86.226
Funded by: Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- 23 month monitoring of the quality of debate in the Parliament using the Discourse Quality Index on discussions related to specific topics included into the following areas: finance and budget, rule of law, civil rights and freedoms, European integration and other related topics of interes.
- 23 month monitoring of the quality of media reporting on the work of the Parliament.
- Preparing and conducting 2 field public opinion survey about the work of the Parliament.
- 9 Quarterly reports from monitoring of the quality of debate in the Macedonian Parliament
- 9 Quarterly reports from monitoring of media reporting from the work of the Parliament
- Training of parliament and media monitors
- 2 reports from field public opinion surveys on the work of the Parliament
Events connected with the project
How Macedonian MPs debated during the constitutional session in the Parliament that followed the parliamentary elections conducted on 11...
Summary To arguments directed from other Members of Parliament, speakers usually chose to respond only to some of the...
The Institute for Democracy within the project “Parliament Watch” conducted face to face public opinion survey about the perceptions...