The project “Enhancing Transparency and Accountability through Performance Budgeting” is implemented by the Center for Economic Analysis (CEA) and the Institute for Democracy “Societas Civilis”-Skopje (IDSCS). The project objective is to promote budget transparency for accountable spending of public money. This is aimed to be done by strengthening the capacity of budget users to implement performance budgeting for accountable and transparent use of public money and by raising public awareness for the need of transparency and accountability in spending of public money. As part of this project CEA and IDSCS will produce the reports, directions and studies which will serve the Government, state and public institutions, and budget users in general. The following outputs will be produced:
• Methodology for monitoring of the transparency and accountability of Budget users;
• Monitoring report of transparency and accountability of Budget users;
• Policy paper on transparency and accountability of Budget users;
• National workshop for budget users;
• Study trip to a EU country experienced in performance budgeting;
• Policy paper about needs and benefits of performance budgeting;
• Feasibility study about the process of implementation of performance budgeting;
The project will share the findings and the recommendations for improving budget transparency and through a national level conference which will steer an expert public debate on this topic and on the modes of implementing performance budgeting in the country.
The project implementation began in February 2014 and it will last for a period of one year.
The project is funded by the European Union within the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) with a budget of 101.000 EUR.
For additional information in regards to this project, please contact Mr. Marjan Nikolov on telephone 02/2444 766, email: email@example.com or visit the websites www.cea.org.mk and www.https://idscs.org.mk/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/project-2.png.org.mk.